We are looking for an innovative, experienced Executive Chef to join our team. If you have a passion for creating delicious meals in a high-energy, supportive work environment, apply today!
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time, in a fast paced, sometime stressful environment. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. On a regular basis. Must demonstrate proper safe lifting techniques at all times.
- Must set high standards in areas of professional appearance, demonstrate self-confidence, enthusiasm, and energy using leadership by example. Must manage adhere to all Hagadone Hospitality policies.
- Must be able to teach team members new and old, proper and safe use of equipment, Chemicals, Knives, Cooking procedures, food storage, food safety, and sanitation.
- Must lead kitchen team members in areas of sanitation to meet or exceed Panhandle Health District standards of food sanitation and food safety.
- Must demonstrate a communication style that is firm but fair when dealing with team members, quick to solve guest problems in a friendly manner, consistently calm and helpful when communicating with service staff.
- Must have own and available on shift a complete set of kitchen knives and tools as described by management.
- Must have Serve Café Certification and pass Panhandle Health Certification. Needs to be obtained within first month of employment.
- Must oversee all areas of the kitchen and make sure that all team members are ready to serve the needs of our Guests.
- Assist and assume responsibility for meeting all budgeted costs in the restaurant…. Food, labor, non-food supplies, and supplies general.
- Train and mentor all kitchen staff.
- Assist in performance evaluations in a timely manner so that payroll has them two weeks before effective date.
- Assist in the input of invoice tracking for food and non-food invoices.
- Assist in menu development for menu items, specials, etc.
- Keep office clean and organized.
- Make sure all walk-ins and freezers are cleaned and organized daily and that all stock is put away.
- Purchasing of all products.
- Enforce established hotel policies and procedures by our team members.
- Keep recipes updated and available to our cooks.
- Make sure menu items and specials are costed properly.
- Keep order guides updated.
- Keep employee information updated.
- Become proficient in working all stations in the kitchen.
- Take active role in labor management by scheduling according to business levels, and sending team member’s home when necessary.
- Take a daily role in conducting line checks to ensure that all products and prep are prepared correctly and are fresh.
- MBWA – Manage by Walking Around.
- Make sure all banquet functions are handled smoothly.
- Work closely with Springs restaurant management to insure quality product for both the dining room and banquets.
- Ensure that the kitchen stays clean and organized all day long…. Clean floors, boxes picked up, garbage taken out.
- Make sure the kitchen team has all the tools they need to do their job.
- Assist in keeping up with current pricing on our inventories.
- Make sure that all transfers are accounted for.
- Must follow all plating and presentations with all appropriate garnishes and components.
- Checks banquet sheets to check and prep for upcoming BEO’s, and STM’s.
- Adjust prep levels to meet the demands of the restaurant.
- Make sure the dish team completes the daily cleaning list.
- Assist other areas as needed or when directed to do so. WE ARE A TEAM.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and whenever our business level dictates.
- 2-3 plus years food service experience with prior supervisory experience.
- Manage the team members through proper documentation and progressive discipline procedures.
- Proactive management style.
- Certified in food safety and sanitation through Panhandle Health District.
- Effective daily organization, planning and time management skills
- Maintain a balanced lifestyle.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Pursue continued education, professional growth, and career development.
- Excellent follow through skills.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Provide efficient, courteous service to guests, team members, and other departments
- Must be willing to be calm and organized when busy and willing to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to interact and positively motivate the Spring’s team, creating an environment that inspires individuals to work for the “team” not themselves.
- Proactive management skills.
Salary Dependent on Experience + Bonuses